Have you ever wondered about having your own flock of backyard chickens? Do you love the idea of fresh eggs from your backyard? Then backyard chickens might be for you.
My chicken class will teach you everything that you need to know to start and maintain a small backyard flock. Topics covered will include- understanding local ordinances, breed selection, raising day-old chicks, brooder set-up, transition to the outside, coop and space requirements, egg laying and why no rooster is required. Class will be 1.5 hours.
About Me: My name is Jennifer Hazen, otherwise known as: Pirate Jenny, and I have had backyard chickens in urban environment for several years. In that time, I have learned so much about what chickens need to stay happy and healthy. I enjoy sharing what I have learned with others and I’m ready to help you decide if backyard chickens are right for you or help with your existing flock.
References available upon request.
Services and Fees
- $30 per person for groups of 3-5 (there is a three person minimum)
- $25 per for groups of 6-15
- $20 per person for groups of 16 or more
- Private consultations in your home for $75 an hour.
Do you already have an established flock? I also offer the following services:
- Chicken sitting $15-20 per day depending on distance
- Chicken Emergency Visit- $50 a visit. A visit to assess a sick bird, research to determine possible causes of illness, and suggestions for bird care to address the illness if possible (may include referral for avian veterinary medicine).
- Hen Assessment $30- This evaluation of your hens and their laying environment will include advice on how to increase production, feeding, watering, egg laying, egg and laying hen care, and provide valuable information on common illnesses affecting egg production.
Contact Pirate Jenny
To request more information, or set up a consultation, fill out the form below.
Please, include what service you are interested in, and the best day and time to contact you.
We do not sell or share your personal data.